"誰會打球?" Why does it use 會 and not 能?

Why don't they use 能 here? Doesn't everyone have the *capacity* to play a ballgame? Or, if they used 能, would the nuance be different?

I'm going to make a guess.
Since 會 means to "learn how to," are they specifically looking for someone who has really learned how to play through experience or by taking lessons--so basically, they're looking for someone GOOD who can play. If they used 能, they'd just be looking for anyone who can play--the person doesn't need to be good, they just need to want to play (and now have any physical disabilities, etc.)

Am I right?

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    Hi, I think you are mostly right.
    会in chinese have 2 meanings "can" and "will"
    我会去的。 I'll go. 他会告诉你这件事的。he will tell you the whole thing.
    我会做饭。 I can cook. 我会说英语。 i can speak english.

sometimes we use 能 to express the meaning of can.
    你能帮我吗?can you help me? 你能及时完成工作任务吗? can you finish your work in time.
    你能通过考试吗?can you pass the exam? 你能来参加派对吗?Can you join in our party?

so i think 会做某事 MEANS not everyone can do it.能做某事MEANS i know you can do it,but maybe you have sth. else so that you can not do it.

你会喝酒吗?can you drink.
    我会 但我不能喝酒,我开车来的。 YES I CAN DRINK, but today i can't, because i drive here.

"can" has too meanings
    one is the ability to do something, in this case, translate it into chinesisch "會"
    the other is the possibility to do something, then the translation is "能"
    But because of the different habit and attitude
    we Chinese use can(in the meaning of "會") to express something,which other people dont understand
    example
    do you smoke? 你抽烟吗
    can you smoke? 你会抽烟吗
    example

会要看在那种场合使用,有时是指将来要发生的事情,有时则指能力上的,能否胜任某事。而能的话,着重偏向能力,还有某种程度上的主观意愿。会基本相当于would ,能则相当于can
    会 have to look at that occasion use, sometimes means going to happen, or will do something.sometimes refers to the ability, can do something. while 能, it always focused on some level, also for someone's willing. 会 may be the equivalent of would, 能 may be the equivalent of can

誰會打球? - Who can/knows how to play a ballgame?
    誰能打球? - Who will be able to play a ballgame?

会 ..mean is can you do that?maybe answer is NO .maybe is YES.like "you can fly? "
    能. mean is you can do that .but now maybe you have something to do .work or study ..so you dont have time do that

會 just like "ability".
    能 just like "can".