Important Notice: Feb 1st from 05:00 to 08:00 (UTC) , italki will be down for scheduled maintenance. If you have scheduled sessions during this time, read our Announcement

Please help me to translate this sentence from Japanese

関係者の間でそうよばれる胴連の事件に、とりあえずの終止符が打たれてから、数日が 経過した。

For learning: Japanese

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    If you want to say 関連 not 胴連 , I'd say

A few days have passed since the case called like that by the people involved was put to an end.
    Well, I don't know what it means all strung together, but I found out what each individual word means:
    関係者(かんけいしゃ):authorized personnel; participant; party
    間(ま):time; interval
    そう:so; that
    よばれる:it is called
    胴(どう):body; torso
    連(れん):series; ream
    事件(じけん):incident
    とりあえず:immediately
    終止符(しゅうしふ):end; period; full stop (end)
    打たれてから(うたれてから):after being struck
    数日(すうにち):several days
    経過した(けいかした):it elapsed

Google translate came up with this (even though it makes no sense, it kind of gives you a starting point):
    "A few days after being struck from the end of the body now called the series of incidents between the parties so"

Babelfish gives you this:
    "After between the authorized personnel so temporarily end being struck in incident of the torso ream which is called, several days elapsed"

Hope this helps!

firstly, i want to say there is no exact meanibg of "胴連"..maybe it's just a name of a certain event.my translation is that a few days have passed since the event which people involved so called had put an end temporarily,

OOPT

I think I wanna keep とりあえずの, which means something for the meanwhile and temporal. So the "end" was not really an end.