【理解】和【了解】的意思怎么不一样?

Base language: Chinese (Mandarin)

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    “了解”:
    You want to know something you don't know.
    eg. 我不知道“理解”和“了解”有什么区别。我想了解一下。
    You have information in your mind because you have experienced, learnt or been told.
    eg. 根据我的了解,日本人爱吃鱼。
    “理解”:
    You clearly understand something.
    eg. “理解”和“了解”的区别原来是这样的,我现在理解了。
    You have information and you think about it.
    eg. 根据我的理解,他用筷子在碗上敲了三下是暗示你半夜三更去见他。

Interesting question! My opinion... people use 了解(verb) more often on daily conversation, simply means you understand it,like "got it!" , it would be okay if you take 理解 instead of 了解 in expressing.
    For using accurately, we only need to take 理解 carefully , it can be noun or verb, and more sense of formal and logically understanding something, for instance, when you're talking about science or psychology, like "realize" in English.
    I say, 我了解這些不同文化之間的差異(verb),
    我理解這段話的意義(verb)
    你對個理論的理解是錯誤的(noun)

理解is mor deeper than 了解。了解means you "know" some fact or condition(which is surface) ,and理解means you "understand"why the fact or condition exits.
    eg:我了解你,我理解你的做法。i know you ,and i understand the way you deal with it

理解是不但了解此事,而且能够站在对方的角度看问题,能够明白对方这件事情的因果.而且也很赞同他的做法.
    了解就比较浅意一些了,只要明白此事就可以了.
    所以理解比了解的的程度更深一些...

Simplily speaking,"了解"just means "konw" something,but "理解" means “understand“something and konw why this thing happen,so I can say"我理解这件事情,但是不能理解。"
    理解是针对语言、问题来说的,明白其中真实的意思。
    了解是针对各种情况来说的,知道一些相关的信息。

理解 & 了解
    -Are you clear? ( 你理解了吗?) -Yes, I am.(是的。)
    -Do you understand? (你了解了/明白了吗?) -Yes, I do. (是的。)
    “理解” expresses you have understood completely . You have known why he does something like that, moreover, you can predict what is his next step.
    “了解”conveys you just have known he does something. You are negative to receive some information.
    e.g.: Jack told you sb has cheated you, you received this information, you can say “我了解了。(我了解这件事本身或是这个人了。)”While, if you knew the reason why he cheated you, (may be he needed money urgently) you can say "我理解他。”

I hope it can help you.

理解的意思比较深,了解的意思比较浅。