which is more used these days Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese?

I want to know which is more used these days Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese? I know this Question may seem silly but I want to make sure >.<
and what is the difference? is there a big deference? because I started with the traditional Chinese then I changed to the simplified Chinese.

Answers

simplified

just come by to support Eliot answered.

he's totally right.

but, yes, due to mainland china is more population of ofcuz itz more world wide.
    also because the economic power of china too.

but still
    different places and countries will use their own terms of chacaters just as Eliot had mentoned.

I think simplified chinese is much easier to learn and used by a much larger population ( just count the number from mainland China!). It would a better starting point for you. It is not hard to guess the meaning of traditional chinese characters if you know the simplified version.

Im a Chinese and Chinese language teacher live in Beijing, in the mainland China we use simplified Chinese, so if you want to come to mainland China you should sudy simplified Chinese.

as far as population, it's simplified; but as to range or regions worldwide, it's still traditional.