What do you think what the nation are most similar to Russian?

For learning: Russian

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting
    Slavic nations of course, for example, Ukrainian or Byelorussian. We have similar mentality and many similar phenomenas and facts in our culturals and daily life.

Former Soviet Union countries might have kept some features jointly! :-?

lithuania for example

maybe Poland a little bit
    When I meet people from Russia I feel that I know you little.
    The other thing is that I can understand some words in Russian because some words are similar.

Украина Белоруссия Сербия
    Of course Ukraine

No doubt it's belarussians and ukrainians)

The Baltic States when they were under soviet rule

Most of the Slavonic nations - the Ukrainians, the Byelorussians (I can't really differ them all), the Bulgarians, the Serbian people etc.

I'm sure the Kazakhs should be also added to this list. Despite the fact that they're not a Slavic nation, they are close to the Russians in many respects.

Belarussians, Ukrainians, Serbs, Czechs, Slovaks, Tatars, Bashkirs, Chuvash, Chechens, Mordovians and 190 nations more ))) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Russia#Ethnic_groups

From farer countries perhaps Catalan, Basks, Koreans.