Should we call it a day?

Hi there!
Can you explain this expression and please, give me more exemples which I can use it?
Tks Tks Tks!

Answers

Best Answer - Chosen by the Asker
    "Call it a day" = To quit whatever you are doing, stop the activity for the day or for the present moment. Suppose I'm at work, I look at the clock and think "great ... it's 5 o'clock, let's call it a day !" By the way... wiiii !!! (I forgot to show my happiness =p)

Should we call it a day? ... in this case someone is asking someone else if he or she agree to finish what they are doing.

^^

Hi)

Example:

You've been doing something all day and it's getting late. Or you're bored. You want to stop, turn to your friend and say......" Should we call it a day?"

Does that make sense?

Should we call it a day? = Should we stop working?
    Example: After studying for 6 hours for her exam, Mary said to her friend, "Should we call it a day? I''m tired and hungry".

More open questions for learning English