문법 칠문이 있어요: "할거니"

A few days ago, I saw this example sentence given as an answer to a question on this site:

더이상 나랑 말 안할거니?

That questions brings up several questions for me:

1. 나랑: I would have first thought "나 한테." Why would "나랑" be used here and not "나 한테?"

2. 할거니: I would have expected "할거야." I'm not really familiar with "할거니." Why would I use "할거니" and not "한거야?"

3. I noticed the spelling "안 할거니" and suppose this is correct, but it brings up a question. Is it "안" and not "않" because the next word begins with ㅎ, or is there more to this that I am not catching?

For learning: Korean

Answers

1. “나랑” means “with me”. You can say “친구랑 저녁 먹었어” which means “had a dinner with my friend”.
    2. The exact meaning of “할거야” can be various if it ends with question mark or just period. “할거야?” is a question (“Would you–?”) and “할거야.” is a declarative sentence that means “I would—.” However “할거니” always means a question and should have a trailing question mark.
    3. You could understand “않—” as a short form of “아니—”, but anyway it’s the hardest spelling rule of Korean, most of native Koreans also are confused. In other words, most of Korean speakers never mind the spelling of “않”/“안”, haha.
    1.
    나랑 = with me
    나한테 = to me

2. 할거니? or 할거니 or 할거야? = Will (you) do ?
    '니' = ? (in this case)
    할거야. = (I) will do.
    3. I'm not sure but.... maybe.............
    않 is short form of '안하다'
    so 않하다 is incorrect...
    and 않할거니 is incorect too. because 안할거니 = '안하다 + 거니?'
    '-(이)랑' is a more casual version of '-와/과' (with). Choice of particles in Korean will not always correspond exactly to English use of prepositions. '-한테' would not be wrong. There's just a slight difference in meaning like English "talk to me" versus "talk with me."

2. '-니' is a verb ending indicating a question. It should only be used with people you're very close to or with juniors as it's markedly not polite (note, I don't mean impolite).

3. Using '않' would be wrong and this is indeed something that seems to give a lot of native speakers pain. The rule is actually quite simple:

'안' is short for '아니' and means 'not'.

'않' is the stem of the verb '않다' which is short for '아니 하다 -> '안 하다' and means 'does not do something'.

To negate a verb, use either '안 + verb' or 'verb stem + 지 않다'. Never use '않 + verb'.

Just as an FYI, '안 + verb' and 'verb stem + 지 않다' are not always interchangeable. The difference is usually just one of the scope of negation but certain structures tend to prefer one or the other when negating.

문법 질문이 있어요

1. 나랑 : 나와

2. 할거니? is exactly the same with 할거야? => talking about future.
    한거야? is 'already done'.

3. 안 하다. 않다 is the same.
    않 하다. is incorrect.