When do you use the "On" and "Kun" readings for Kanji?

おはようございます。 I have a question, when do you use the On and Kun readings for 漢字? I try to read sentences and get mixed up sometimes, XD. Is there a hint or anything that could help me? Thanks in advance guys! ^w^

Additional Details:

thank you everyone! ^-^

For learning: Japanese

Best Answer - Chosen by Voting

this link explain the difference between on - kun of Kanji reading , with examples

Good Luck :)

How do you know when to use On-reading and Kun-reading? The good article is here -

In fact, it is difficult, but easily says

I comment intelligibly

一、Way of reading how it is hard to turn on whether a meaning does not go as Japanese only by having read

二、A reading of how a meaning is common to in a phrase and an idiomatic phrase.

三、Because originally it was made in ancient China, as for the kanji, it "onyomi" that it reaches it, and it was possible for way of reading read in China

一、A reading of how a meaning as the Japanese is common to just to have read

二、The conjugative words such as verbs or the thing which has kana in compound words.

三、It is the reading of that translated a meaning to have into Japanese kanji

good luck
    I see that you understand differences what is Kunyomi and Onyomi. (I see questions about what is the difference of them all the time) So I get to the point for the question you made.

Hopefully my opinion will be a good hit for you.
    I think words are always before Kanj
    Understand the words, then Kanji come with them.
    しょくじ and たべる are two different words and these Kanjis are 食事 and 食べる.
    You won't misunderstand reading them if you already knew the words.
    So if you understand sentences these are made with words, I think you won't confuse which is Yunyoumi or Onyomi.
    And also, of course you need to learn how to read Kanji. I know it's a lot word to do, because I myself is a pretty much failure about Kanji. I think we only can improve them by contentious practice.