About AlanMy Background
As a youth, I read many books and gained a strong understanding of English. In high school, I became a National Merit Scholar by making a high score on the SAT (800/800 verbal, 720/800 math). As an engineering student at Texas A&M University, I was an editor of a newsletter and an editor of an undergraduate journal of science. For about the past 9 years, I have been helping international students with spoken and written English. I have spoken with many internationals in my city and on Skype, and I have corrected their theses, dissertations, and other documents.
Same-Day English Editing (Instant Tutoring)
- I edit most documents, but I do not edit assignments for English classes, legal documents, or medical documents.
- I have the most experience editing engineering documents.
- I edit up to 550 words per 30-minute session. If your document has more than 550 words, you should divide it into pieces of text that have 550 or fewer words. I will send you each document before you sign up for a new session.
- I usually edit with Track Changes in Microsoft Word.
Conversation Practice (Instant Tutoring)
- I can help you improve your spoken English through conversation.
- While we talk, I can correct your English usage and pronunciation.
TOEFL or IELTS Practice Essay Correction (Instant Tutoring)
- This service is for practice essays. I do not correct assignments for English classes.
- You can send me an essay of up to 450 words through Skype.
- I will correct your essay in one 30-minute Instant Tutoring session.
- I have created a software program that I use to correct practice essays. I correct your essay by adding and deleting text and by adding notes to each sentence. Then I export a report with your essay and my corrections. The essay report puts all of my notes into a table and includes a grammar glossary and internet search terms so that you can do your own research on your writing problems.