A brief summary of my teaching experiences: In the summer of 2010, I was a volunteer teacher in an elementary school in Piura, Peru. During my university exchange (for six months in 2012), I acted as an English mentor to university students in Hong Kong.
In relation to teaching business English to adults - I have none. But I believe that the everyday situations I face in my job helps me in this regard. I am responsible for developing training and development materials for staff members, creating and analyzing absenteeism reports, handling employee complaints et cetera. Since I am still building my portfolio, I am pricing my lessons very competitively.
Please let me know if you are interested in bettering your English proficiency for a specific purpose (ex. preparing for an interview, approaching your employer for a raise, presenting a idea, reporting project progress etc) We can then develop a customized curriculum by setting out goals, planning milestones and do occasional reflections to make sure we are on track to achieving our objectives.
My classes will focus on essential skills necessary for a business professional in the workplace. Example: Writing e-mails/reports, drafting letters/memos, conversation starters, confronting a co-worker/employee/employer.
- Taught English at the local elementary school for grades 1-6, promoting the use of English in and outside the classroom setting
- Supervised and held community library hours after school to promote reading and creative activities for kids ages 3-14
- Strengthened motivational speaking ability through providing discussion sessions; successfully convinced numerous villagers to continue to enroll their children in the education system
- Volunteer Coordinator
- English Mentor
- City University of Hong Kong
- Mentored six local university students, adjusting weekly topics to address their specific English needs
- Organized extracurricular activities to provide mentees with the opportunity to demonstrate their English knowledge
in a social environment and gain confidence in their oral skills
- 2012 - 2012
- Hong Kong Hong Kong
, Accounting and Organizational Behavior
- Schulich School of Business
- 2008 - 2012
Master TEFL/TESOL course with Young Learners, Business English and CLIL
- Certificate in TEFL and TESOL
- Global Language Training