About LukeI have a superb grasp of the English language and grammar, being a native speaker and experienced in teaching English as a foreign language. I'm also university educated with a Bachelor of Science Honours Degree. I have effective speaking, listening, writing and reading communicating skills and articulate in communicating complex ideas to others. I have experience organising, planning leading successful classes and able to monitor and assess the student’s level to offer structured classes with targets and progression. Achievements and development will be recorded to make prior classes more efficient.
Work Experience and Education:
English as a Foreign Language Teacher - English-Town (Sept ’12 to Feb ‘13)
• Taught English as a foreign language on-line to all ages, nationalities and abilities in both private and group lessons.
• The main focus of the class was to help the students improve their speaking and listening skills.
• Students were able to choose the topic of conversation and practice specific areas.
• Students received a summary, grade and report after each class to shoe progression and record achievement.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant - Central Devon Personalised Learning Service (Feb ’09 – Aug ’12)
• Acted in a teaching role under weekly review from a qualified teacher.
• Classes were planned, organised and delivered effectively in both theory and practical.
• Progression was recorded and reviewed alongside personal targets and goals. Achievements were awarded with GCSE and BTEC qualifications and AQA Unit Awards.
Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Applied Marine Sports Science (2:1) The University of Plymouth (Sept ’04 - June ‘08)