About Adam 亚当My name is Adam. I am an American and a native English speaker. I am a foreign language assistant with the Fulbright Austrian-American Teaching Assistant Program. This is my second year in Austria, and I love living in Europe! I specialize in teaching teenagers and young adults Conversational and General English. While I normally teach in American English, I can switch between British and American English with no problems. I help with phonetics and accent reduction, grammar, and public speaking.
- Foreign Language Assistant Teacher
- LSR für Burgenland (Fulbright Austrian-American Educational Commission)
• Working as a co-teacher with other English teachers whose native language is not English at two high schools, one focusing on technology, one focused on business.
• Preparing lessons for over twenty different classes as assigned, on several different English proficiency levels.
• Providing additional tutoring and guidance to students as needed.
- 2012 - present
- Pinkafeld Austria
- Eligibility Specialist
- Xerox People Services (formerly: Affiliated Computer Services)
• Interviewed applicants for benefits (SNAP, Medicaid, and TANF), contracted for the State of Indiana.
• Managed a caseload varying between 500-900 cases.
• Answered phone calls from clients with enquiries regarding program information and case information, with strict adherence to HIPAA guidelines.
• Data entry and subject matter expert. Very strong emphasis on customer service and satisfaction.
- 2008 - 2012
- Indianapolis, Indiana United States
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- 2010 - 2012
Graduate-level classes taken in TESOL/Linguistics.
- Berea College
- 2004 - 2008
Study included a minor in German, and two semesters of Mandarin Chinese
- TESOL Advanced Certificate
- TEFL Express UK