About AkariHello. I'm Akari. I've been teaching Japanese online for over two years, and am loving it!
Check out my blog:
I have traveled to over fifteen countries, Australia, Fiji, US, NZ, Thailand, Singapore, Greece, The Philippines, Brunei, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, India, Sri Lanka, and Canada. I enjoy meeting people and seeing beautiful landscapes.
For over two years, I've worked in Canada, and in January 2015, I came back to Japan.
I've worked in the tourism industry, so I'm good at making trip plan. I used to live in Tokyo and Kyoto, so I can advise you where to go in Japan, too.
☆ Professional Lessons
I prepare and customize online textbooks, video, and audio materials for you.
Beginner to Advance students, all welcome.
We use Skype, Google hangouts, or Face Time for lesson.
60min, 5% discount for five session package.
☆ Informal Tutoring
I won't prepare anything. So please prepare materials that you want to study with me.
It's suitable for Intermediate to Advance student.
We can chat free topic, you can bring your Japanese homework,
or I can correct your academic presentation of Sociology about Japan.
We use Skype, Google hangouts, or FaceTime for lesson.
30min, 45min, or 60min lesson available.
I'd like to exchange knowledge, not only teaching language.
I get some new information from each lessons, and I'd also want to give you new, fun information.
I believe one of the great things about learning a new language is it is like opening a door to a new world.
I'm looking forward to talking with you!
Audio / Video Available
It's fun to teach Japanese for people around the world!
- 2013 - present
- online Japan
- Tutor/ Translator/ Interpreter/ Photography/ Origami
- Tutoring Japanese for some some students in St. John's, NL, Canada
- Translated administrative documents for PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada, PEI
- Translated a lecture meeting for Kumamoto University
- Communities in Bloom, Charlottetown conference
■ Origami/ Sushi making/ Photography
• Instructor, Origami Workshop, St. John's Women's Center
• Origami Artist and Vendor, St. John's Farmer's Market
• Photography on iStock Photography
- 2013 - present
- NL/ PEI, Canada→ Japan Canada
Introducing beauty of Prince Edward Island for Japanese tourists.
- Japanese Speaking Tour Guide
- PEI Select Tours
Writing a seasonal report "Report from Prince Edward Island". Introducing peaceful lifestyle of PEI, Canada to Kumamoto, Japan.
- Freelance Writer
- Kumamoto Nichinich Newspaper
I am honoured to be a staff of the Ship for World Youth family, having been a member of SWY24 which sailed from Tokyo to Sri Lanka, India, and Singapore during January- March 2012. SWY is an international programme sponsored by the Japanese government to foster understanding and goodwill among young people across many nations. SWY24 included around 260 youth from 14 participating countries.
- Program Coordinating Staff
- "Ship for World Youth Program" Cabinet office, Government of Japan
I am honoured to be a staff of the Ship for South East Asia Youth family, having been a member of SSEAYP which sailed from Tokyo to Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, ad Vietnam, during October- December 2011. SSEAYP is an international programme sponsored by the Japanese government to foster understanding and goodwill among young people across ASEAN countries and Japan. SSEAYP38 included around 328 youth from 11 participating countries.
- Program Coordinating Staff
- "Ship for South East Asia Youth Program" Cabinet Office, Government of Japan
Edited eleven town magazines in Kyoto. Organize local Sake events
- Editor/ Event Organizer/ Sales
- Fushimi Planning Center/ Kyoto Fushimi Tourism Association
worked unique travel company which provide Japanese traditional experiences like tea ceremony, Japanese flower arrangement, Japanese cooking, and Japanese drams.
- Sales/ Japanese Culture Experiences Coordinator
- WAK Japan
- Los Angeles Home Stay Program Tour Escort
- International Studies Abroad[
Escort about thirty junior high, and high school students from Okinawa, Japan to Los Angeles for Home Stay Program for a month during summer vacation season for students. It was pleasure to see students who couldn't speak English at all turn to be talkative, and confident.
- 2005 - 2005
- Los Angeles United States
When I was university student, I got a chance to work for NHK, one of the biggest TV station in Japan. I was working as a Journalist Assistant in International Section, press room.
- Journalist Assistant
- NHK, Japan Broadcasting Corporation
, International Relations
- J.F. Oberlin University
- 2000 - 2004