[Deactivated user]
kitchen stuff I have moved into a new house, so my wife and I decided to buy some new kitchen utensils, kitchen appliances or kitchenwares? Are they the same things?
Nov 24, 2017 10:08 AM
Answers · 5
I think kitchen utensils are smaller kitchen tools like knives, forks, and peelers used for food preparation. Kitchen appliances are electrical tools in the kitchen like blenders and toasters. Kitchenware is a blanket term that refers to all the tools in the kitchen, so it can refer to both, but notably would also include pots and pans, which I don't think are included in kitchen utensils and kitchen appliances. I'm not sure if this is the official definition, but it's my general impression.
November 24, 2017
Have you tried a google image search Padasak? All of these terms have slightly different meanings which you could clear up by looking for a few pictures. You could even try a retail website like John Lewis, for example.Whenever you're unsure of vocabulary like this, it can help to look in places where it would appear in real life. Here are some examples: 'Home appliances' Third option, left hand column: <https://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/c500001?rdr=1>; 'Kitchenware': <https://www.google.es/search?q=kitchenware&safe=active&rlz=1C1AVFC_enES763ES763&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjz6-KpxtfXAhXEyKQKHTKlAFYQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=949>; 'Kitchen utensils': <http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/cookware/kitchen-utensils/>;
November 24, 2017
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!