From United StatesLiving in Dallas, United States (02:50 UTC-06:00)
Native English Speaker Passionate About Language Learning
italki teacher since Jan 31, 2022
💡Note: I, unfortunately, do not teach children under the age of 7. Thank you for understanding!
😊Hi everyone! My name is Mattie and I'm a soon-to-be university graduate studying business. I've lived in Texas my whole life and I've been studying Korean for the past 6 years. 🇰🇷
☕️My ideal afternoon is sitting at my window-facing desk, having a cup of black coffee, and studying languages.
🎨I love drawing, painting, and knitting in my free time! I love being creative and exploring new ways to do so.
🤓I would be so excited to have you in class!
Me as a Teacher
My teaching values:
1. Being Patient, Always -- I am also a language learner so I understand the difficulty of speaking and understanding a foreign language. 😌
2. Making Class Fun -- Practicing a language doesn't need to be boring! I give students the option of choosing topics they would enjoy or letting the random topic generator determine our class discussion! 🤩
3. Helping You Reach Your Goals -- Your goals are very important to me. I am a flexible teacher who is willing to help you however I can so you can accomplish your learning goals!😄
I have been teaching on Italki for 3 months and am constantly listening to student feedback to refine my methods!
My lessons & teaching style
🗣My lessons are CONVERSATION lessons. Rather than giving a grammar lecture, I help you learn English through natural and fun conversation.
💻I divide lesson time into a few different sections:
1. General conversation/catch-up for repeat students
2. Guided conversation -- we will go through a guided conversation about the topic you pick (or I can pick for us). The conversation will include activities such as "would you rather" or "conversation tic-tac-toe."
3. Goals Check-in/Homework -- we will assess your goals and how we can keep moving you toward completing them. I will also explain your homework assignment for the lesson. (Homework can be short or lengthy -- it's up to the student).
My teaching material
Articles and news
10 lessons completed
English Conversation Practice - Informal
A2 - C2Conversation Practice43 lessons completed
Package with 14% off
English Conversation Practice - Business English
B2 - C2Conversation Practice6 lessons completed
Package with 12% off
Based on your timezone (UTC+00:00)
5 English lessons
When I booked and completed my first session with her, I immediately booked a set of 5 lessons because I knew that I am going to benefit a lot from her customized classes. I highly recommend her classes to everyone that is looking to improve their listening, writing, and speaking skills.
Apr 28, 2022
1 English lesson
Mattie is such a great tutor! She's very outgoing, smart, fun and it felt like I was talking to friend. I can't wait to have more classes with her 😊