Raimond
Put your hand in the fire for someone / poner la mano en el fuego por alguien This is a catchphrase in spanish, When you want to say that you trust someone completely. This expression was used in the old times by germanic tribes. This pagan custom was used to determine the innocence or guilty about a person by gods. If a person had broken a rule or committed a offense then this person was forced to put his hand into the fire or hold a hot iron and if this person finished the trial without damage or a bit damage then this person was innocence for gods. BYE.
Dec 22, 2012 4:46 PM

Put your hand in the fire for someone / poner la mano en el fuego por alguien

This is a catchphrase in Spanish. When you want to say that this, it means that you trust someone completely. This expression was used in the old times by Germanic tribes. This pagan custom was used to determine the innocence or guilty about of a person by the gods. If a person had broken a rule or committed an offense, then this person was forced to put his hand into the fire or hold a hot iron. and if this person finished the trial without damage or a bit damage comes out unscathed, then this person he was judged innocent by the innocence for gods. BYE. Bye.

In English, this is known as "trial by fire"

This is a catchphrase in Spanish, used when you want to say that you trust someone completely. This expression was used in the old times distant past by Germanic tribes. This Their pagan custom was used to determine the innocence or guilty about of a person by the gods. If a person had broken a rule or committed an offense, then this person was they were forced to put his their hand into the fire or to hold a hot iron and if this person they finished the trial without damage or a bit damage unharmed or only slightly so, then this person was innocence for it was deemed they had been judged innocent by the gods. 'bye.