Daniele
Should schools offer fast food options like McDonald’s or Taco Bell? Food options at school is a trouble matter and many people often thinks is a judge on them. I don't know food options in US schools but what I saw in Jamie Oliver TV show. In Italy offering fast food options in schools shouldn't be possible becouse of both healthy ministry and our culinary heritage. Probably my believings are strictly connected with my Italianness, but I could barely imagine kids let be choise between healthy food and junk food. I think food education is really important to keep our child healty along their life. Food education should come from school, helping people understand how much the way we eat affect our body and determine the disease we have. I'm not against fast food and street food, I like it, but I know they can't be the main part of my alimentation. Kids need parents and teacher tell them and give them what is better for them. Spoile kids every day with fried and sweets it's not a good way to well eucate them. Introducing fast food company in schools is like selling our child health with the hope of few dollars saved on school rates.
Feb 21, 2015 11:18 PM

Should schools offer fast food options like McDonald’s or Taco Bell?

Food options (or choices) at school is a controversial (or troubling) trouble matter and many people often thinks is a judgement on them (or "many people feel judged for their choices").
All I know I don't know about the food options in US schools is but what I saw on in Jamie Oliver's TV show.
In Italy, offering fast food options in schools would probably not happen (or is unlikely) shouldn't be possible because of both the Ministry of Health healthy ministry and our culinary heritage.
Probably my beliefs believings are strictly connected with my Italianness (or Italian ancestry), but I could barely imagine kids being allowed to choose let be choise between healthy food and junk food.
I think food education is really important to keep our child healthy throughout their lives along their life.
Food education should come from school, helping people understand how much the way we eat affects our body and determines the diseases we have.
I'm not against fast food and street food - I like it - but I know they can't be the main part of my diet alimentation.
Kids need parents and teachers to tell them and give them what is better for them. Spoiling Spoile kids every day with fried food and sweets is it's not a good way to well educate them.
Introducing fast food companies company in schools is like selling our children's child health with the hope of saving a few dollars few dollars saved on school rates (or school taxes).

Good job, Daniele! Your writing was excellent, even though I made a lot of corrections. Here are a few notes: "the way we eat" is singular, so the verbs should have an "s" at the end - affects, determines. "Alimentation" is a perfectly good word, but it's very rare in English, especially in conversation. When you're talking generally about what people eat, "diet" is much more common - it doesn't necessarily mean "trying to lose weight" (although it does often mean that). It can be used in a general sense: "My diet is pretty healthy. My doctor has me on a special all-chocolate diet. The Italian diet includes lots of pasta and delicious cheeses." Finally, the phrase "school rates" - that doesn't really exist in American English. In the UK, "rates" often means "taxes". In America, reducing the cost of schools would be considered "school taxes".