Chinese Lesson Notes (1)
生词
居住 jūzhù- to live (= 住在)
拥挤 yōngjǐ-crowded
读书 dú shū - study (=学习) or read a book
有关 yǒuguān - to be related to 和……有关
空闲 kòngxián - leisure, free time ( = 空儿,业余)
什么什么 shénme shénme - such and such
现代化 xiàndàihuà - modern
好汉 hǎohàn - brave man, hero
非fēi - negation, un-, non-
句子
我过去在读书
(I have studied in the past)
我已经毕业了
(I have already finished my studies / I have graduated)
那你的工作和什么有关呢?
(So, what is your job related to?)
那你在空闲的时间里学习中文吗?
(Do you study Chinese in your free time?)
我已经学习汉语六个月了 / 我在六个月之前开始学习汉语
(I have learned Chinese for 6 months)
以前,我做了什么什么
(Before, I did such and such)
在上课之前,我吃饭了
(Before starting class, I had lunch)
我已经去中国旅行两次了/ 我已经去过中国两次了
(I have visited China twice)
北京更加传统,香港更加现代化
(Beijing is more traditional, Hong Kong is more modern)
不到长城非好汉
(You fail to reach the great wall, you are not a brave man) -> This is a Chinese saying, not sure if there is a "hidden meaning" :) no hidden meaning. Just because 长城是很棒的地方 so everybody should be there once. this sentence is encourage people to be there LOL