"Fish out of water"?
Basically, it can actually mean different things:
1. Feeling uncomfortable in a situation that is new or that you're not used to
2. Feeling uncomfortable in a recurring event that you dislike but have to participate in
3. Looking awkward or out of place in an activity or situation
1. I didn't like where we went last night. I felt like a fish out of water on that dance floor.
2. I always feel like a fish out of water whenever our teacher makes the class sing.
3. Kenny looked like a fish out of water on the court today. That was probably his first time playing basketball.