SO vs SUCH made simple
Hey all :)
If you've ever wondered when to use 'so' and 'such' correctly, look no further :) It's quite easy when you have some examples to illustrate them. Can you spot the differences?
1) I've had such a terrible day.
2) The room is not clean. It's so terrible.
3) John is such a great writer
4) The party wasn't so great as I'd expected
* SUCH : always goes together with something/someone : such a great DAY, such a friendly MAN
* SO : always goes together with adjectives : Today is so GREAT, the man is so FRIENDLY.
*** Practice these by describing your day so far. e.g. It's so cold today, I had such a delicious breakfast etc.