Hi! I have some tips as a new teacher.
*This is my copy-paste notes 😂
- If you only teach 1 popular language such as English, you have too many competitors. Currently, there are 8000+ English teacher on italki. If you speak more than 1 language and can teach it too, students might found you through 2 language filters.
- Try to open your schedule based on your target countries or your target students, instead of only relying on your own timezone. So you can get students from other countries. You could raise your price based of the countries too.
- Students can also filter by keyword, for example: accent coach. So maybe if you can have more detailed class descriptions or some unique/specific keywords, it could help. Find your niche.
- Check some profiles of teachers who teach for longer time and/or have many lesson times. Try to distinguish, what made them look interesting.
- Try to promote your profile outside italki.
- If you already have 1 student, try to subtlety ask them to promote you to their friends etc.
Hope you get many new students soon!