I agree that 'stereotype' is a rude generalization and usually it is due to racism, sexism, etc.
Stereotypes that are typical (I want to say that I DON'T AGREE WITH THEM):
1. Men can't cook; men can't do chores; women should be the ones to cook at home & do chores.
2. Entrepreneurs are men, women are too submissive and not aggressive enough to be in business.
3. Men are good at math and science; women are good at language and social studies.
4. Men are the fixers in the house: men can fix things in the house but women can't. Women do the menial chores.
5. There are a bunch of racist/religious stereotypes that say that different races are less intelligent or other religious peoples are all cheats, etc; these are thought of by bigots.
There are many others, but I don't really think they are important to know except that there are a lot of mean-hearted people out there.