Hi, my name is Victoria and I have been teaching ESL students for many years now and one thing that I have noticed is that
one really easy thing you can do to improve your English is to memorize the verbs that can be followed by a gerund, infinitive or both.
Example: I invited her ____ (go). Infinitive or gerund? Infinitive: I invited her to go to the party with me.
I don't mind _____(do) my English homework. Infinitive or gerund? Gerund: I don't mind doing my English homework.
Let's get started with 5.
Gerund or infinitive?
1. I enjoy______(you choose the verb).
2. I'll offer ____ (help) her.
3. I don't expect _______(travel) this weekend.
4. I appreciate____ (you choose)
5. I suggest ____(study) hard for that test.
1. I enjoy__studying English____(you choose the verb).
2. I'll offer _to help___ (help) her.
3. I don't expect ___to travel____(travel) this weekend.
4. I appreciate__talking to you.__ (you choose)
5. I suggest _studying ___(study) hard for that test.