ASKING FOR A DATE
How to meet someone
- Are you free tomorrow? - Can we meet on the 26th? - Are you available tomorrow? - Are you available next Monday? - Are you free this evening? - What about the 15th of this month? Would it suit you? - Is next Monday convenient for you? - Can we meet sometime next week?
Agreeing on a date
- Yes, I'm free tomorrow.
- Yes, we can meet on the 26th.
- Yes, next Monday is fine.
- No problem, we can meet tomorrow.
Suggesting a different date
- I'm afraid I can't make it on the 16th. Can we meet on the 17th or 18th?
- Monday isn't quite convenient for me. Could we meet on Tuesday instead?
15th is going to be a little difficult. Can't we meet on the 16th?
Changing the arrangement
- You know we had agreed to meet on the 15th? Well, I'm really sorry. I can't make it after all. Some urgent business has come up. Can we fix another date?
- Some urgent business has suddenly cropped up and I won't be able to meet you tomorrow. Can we fix another time?