I currently have 2 openings in the group that meets for 1.5 hours starting at 8:30 am on Tues and Thurs EST (Eastern Standard Time).
I run 2 advanced English conversational groups of 6-7 individuals who are already advanced in English writing and somewhat advanced in speaking. My first group has been meeting since OCT 2016 and my 2nd group since NOV 2016. Both are going well!
I am NOT teaching English. These are free conversational groups. Italki has already "okayed" my conversational groups. :)
*If you are interested in participating, you must do the following:
*** You must send me a message, addressing in detail how you meet each of the criteria listed below, for you to be considered for the group. If your message to me does not contain the above, you will not be considered.
This is NOT a group for beginners or intermediate English speakers, as I am NOT an English "teacher". I speak and write American English extremely well (I am a native speaker with the "common" American accent").
Here are the parameters of being accepted into the group:
1. You must have advanced written and moderately advanced verbal skills in English.
2. You must be available for group chats for 90 min on Tues and Thurs on Skype. Please note that I am on EST (Eastern Standard Time). If you can't make this time every week, please do not send me a message. Scheduling conflicts has been the number one reason that people have had to drop out of the group.
3. You must have a camera and be able to VIDEO chat on Skype. Your microphone must also work well (no unnecessary noise).
4. You must send me a message (via Italki) telling me why you want/need this group and how this group chat might help you.
5. You must be able to make a commitment to the group. If you don't show up (regularly), you will be dropped from the group. You also must show up on time so we can all get the most out of the time we have allotted for the group.
6. You must be eager to learn
7. You MUST be easy to get along with and not monopolize conversations! :)
***Please note that I will only send a message back to those I believe may be a good fit for this group.
I look forward to hearing from you!