...swoop at an incredible speed towards your direction. The UFOs look like two super jets flying buzzing sounds at your ears. They seem to be hostile UFOs flying at a very low altitude. Miraculously, a state of the art weapon appears in your boat and you know that if you use it, you can shoot them down in no time. Before you use the weapon, it hits you that two things might occur:
1) You shoot them down, despite the fact that your action is a highly risky behavior that might cause lots of extra harm since others like those two ones will certainly come to counter attack within a few hours.
2) You let them go and their leader will think you are weak prey and they will probably have others come whenever they want to intimidate and tease you.
Which do you choose?
Shoot the jet fighters down.
I choose not only the two options but also the third one from Michael's suggestion.
1) I would put the UFOs down and would wait for the others to come.
2) I would prove myself that I'm not as weak as a kitten and that I don't fear any threats.
3) I would call a relative of mine, who is a doctor, to celebrate my bravery by having a cold one.
And full stop!