1. Search box (like @Shannon said).
2. Possibility of sorting the comments in the reverse order.
3. Possibility of correcting the comments without spoiling the discussion flow (something like the side-comments you can already add to the notebook entries).
4. Disable these ridiculous positive and negative points under each comment - maybe adding something like 'I have read it' flag instead.
5. Getting an email with detailed explanation after being suspended by the system (now we don't notice the moment of being suspended and the typical answer of the Support is 'You have been reported by other users' what isn't always the truth).
6. Maybe making another discussion panel for people announcing they just look for language partners.
Of course Italki should in some ways be improved.
What I start considering a real nuisance is the number of people who just pop up the first time, occupy the discussion section with their partner request and then desappear. Like Marcin said, a different section should be maid for them.
What however amazes me positively is the fact that Italki stilll doesn’t have any advertisement ! What does that mean? That the premium member and the teachers keep going and financing the site? Or is italki letting silently inflate the number of the other members in order to introduce advertising?
Would you use continue to use italki if there was advertisement on it? I seriously would reconsider it.
Maybe have a search box?
For example, if there is a topic that I would like to search to see if anyone else has discussed the same topic before, then I would type the topic in the search box and be able to view previous discussions.
This is actually something that I was just searching for. I am new to italki.