the flap t I have a serious problem with the flap t , I find it so hard to pronounce it the right way in American Accent 
any suggestions ?? 
Thanks in advance
Apr 21, 2018 8:49 PM
Comments · 6

The flap T is similar to the raa' in Arabic, with the difference being that the raa' is rolled/trilled and the T is not. However, they're both alveolar sounds, produced by placing the tongue behind the top teeth. You will sometimes see people describe the flap T as similar to the D, and that's because the D is produced in the same place, although it's an alveolar stop and not a flap or trill. (Although the D becomes a flap, like the T, when it's between vowels, which means the D and T have the same sound when they're between vowels.) Basically, think of the flap T as somewhere between the D and the Arabic raa'.

Read/watch this: http://rachelsenglish.com/flap-t-really-d-sound/

April 21, 2018
the T between two vowels like water , better , beauty .....
April 21, 2018
I think just replacing the T’s with “d’s“ might get you close in those words regarding pronunciation. 
April 21, 2018
Those ought to be the easiest things in US English to pronounce because the T‘s in those words are almost silent. I say „„wadder“ , „bedder“ „ beuudy” , something like that. I guess there is a very slight sort T in the middle, but it’s very hard to hear. 
April 21, 2018

It'd be easier if you could upload a video or an audio saying some words including the flap T, to spot what are you doing right or wrong.


April 21, 2018
Show more