I’ve joined italki before 2 years, but i was so active in the last year. I started to send messages to so many people but no one has replied and I was introducing myself in a good way , I was thinking maybe all the people to whom my messages go to, are introverts like me!! , maybe the difference in personality types made this, so what do you think? Are there good ways when introducing yourself to such personality types, any advice, I will be glad to hear from you!!!
by the way I’m a native arabic speaker, trying to learn speaking english.
Waleed, it’s not easy to find language exchange partners especially because English native speakers are high in demand but there are several steps that make it more likely to find partners here.
1. First check out the possible partners profile:
- were they recently active on italki? (There are many abandoned accounts here and you can always see if it’s hours, days, months or even years ago that they last logged in.)
- do they indicate that they are interested in language exchange (many users here either have found a language partner already or aren’t interested in language exchange at all but are only booking classes or uploading notebook entries).
- are they either learning Arabic or fellow English learners who are interested in practising with other English learners.
If the answer to any of these questions is no then chances of getting a reply are slim.
2. Become an active part of the community
You‘ve been a year on italki but opening this thread was your first activity. It’s much easier to draw the attention of possible partners by being an active community member. Some people might refrain from replying to someone with zero italki points because then it doesn’t look like the account of a serious language learner. Thus, you can dramatically increase your chances of meeting nice people here by
- correcting Arabic notebook entries
- uploading English notebook entries
- answering Arabic questions and asking English questions in the answers section
- taking part in discussions in the discussion section.
I, I'm in Italki from some day and I've only one friend, you'are welcome and I'm glad to speak you. I hope my English is correct and I accept all corrections of my mistakes.