10 facts about Russia
My favorite country is Russia. I really love Russia and I'm proud to be Russian. 10 facts about this country: 1) Russia is the largest country in the world, its area is approximately equal to the surface area of the planet Pluto and is more than 17 million square kilometers.
2) Russia is the only state whose territory is washed by twelve seas.
3) The Moscow Kremlin is the world's largest medieval fortress.
4) Russia has borders with 16 countries: Norway, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, China, Mongolia, North Korea, Japan and the United States. Russia also borders on two unrecognized States: South Ossetia and Abkhazia.
5) Russia regularly ranks first in various rankings of the least friendly countries in the world, but it is just a misunderstanding due to the difference in cultural codes. In Russia in schools children are taught not to smile for no reason, considering a smile a sign of frivolous mood. In fact, the Russians are friendly and always ready to help the foreigner.
6) Some time ago, Moscow had more billionaires than any other city in the world.
7) The state Hermitage Museum for protection against rodents keeps cats staying. Each cat of the Hermitage has a passport with a photo.)))
8) Many foreigners sincerely believe that it is very cold in Russia. But this is not so: all its major centers are in the temperate climatic zone, and not beyond the Arctic circle.
9) Russian scientists have invented an electric light bulb, TV, electronic microscope, helicopter, bomber, video recorder, crawler tractor, color photo, model of artificial heart, gasoline engine, combine harvester, automatic, electric welding, synthetic rubber, coal gas mask, aerobatics, radio, turbo-drill, floodlight, automatic telephone station, periodic system of chemical elements, electric submarine, heat engine, synthetic detergents, coal harvester, artificial blood circulation apparatus, mortar, electric motor, backpack parachute and many other useful things.
10) Russian writers Lev Tolstoy and Fyodor Dostoevsky are the most widely read authors in the world.
What do you think about Russia?
Did you change your opinion about Russia after reading this text?