1. The microwave. Those of you who have always had a microwave cannot appreciate how great they are.
2. Paper towels. A great way to clean up small messes. Not as popular in non-western countries, but I can‘t imagine life without them.
3. The burrito. A yummy way of eating all your favorite ingredients in a flour tortilla. The Turkish döner sandwich can share this category with the burrito. So can the shawarma..
4. German knödel. Potato dumplings that go great with many German meals.
5. The dvd. I loved dvds when they first came out, and still love them, but they are old technology and will soon disappear, I‘m afraid.