9 TYPES OF INTELLIGENCE: What type of intelligence do you have?
When you hear the word intelligent, what comes to your mind? What type of person comes to your mind? I had an interesting conversation with one of my students. We were talking about good looking people and then I mentioned that when looks fade, having intelligence really matters because at the end of the day, we need to be more than just eye-candy. He smiled and said that,” there are different types of intelligence and that my perception of intelligence should not be just the usual bookworm.”
Then I realized that I stereotyped intelligent people into just one category, those who have high GMAT scores or those with PHDs, an Elon Musk or an Einstein, something like that. I came across a list that enumerates the 9 types of intelligence. Then I realized that he was right, my perception of intelligent people was limited to the ones who can finish a Master's degree or stuff like that.
9 Types of intelligence
1.Intra-personal (self smart)--These are the types of people who have the capacity to explore one's inner world and feelings.
2. Visual (picture smart) --People who have good photography skills, cinematography and videography skills.
3. Linguistic (word smart)--- Hello Polyglots! This one's for you.
4. Interpersonal (people smart)-- These people are extroverts and they are the life of the party.
5. Existential (life smart)-- Some inspirational and motivational speakers can make it to this list.
6. Naturalist (nature smart)--Hello fellow nature lovers, hikers and outdoor people.
7.Logical (reasoning smart)-- Lawyers, Engineers can easily make it to this list.
8.Kinesthetic (body smart)
9. Musical (sound smart)-- These are people who are naturally inclined to be good at singing or creating music.
Remember, that you might not fit the mold of the usual nerd but there are 9 types of intelligence. If you are lucky, you can have more than 2 or 3.
What type of intelligence do you have?