Funny Essay Mistakes Made by English Speaking High School Students
The following sentences were collected from high school student essays and published by former high school teacher "Ron Lederer".... enjoy....
1. The bowels [vowels] are a, e, i, o, u, and sometimes w and y.
2. The death of Francis Macomber was a turning point in his life.
3. The Gorgons had long snakes in their hair. They looked like women, only more horrible.
4. Zanzibar is noted for its monkeys. The British governor lives there.
5. The Puritans thought every event significant because it was a massage [message] from God.
6. The divine wind protected Japan by sinking the fleet of invading Mongrels [Mongols}.
7. During the years 1933-38, there were domestic problems at home as well as abroad.
8. The President of the United States, in having foreign affairs, has to have the consent of the Senate.
9. The difference between a king and a president is that a king is the son of his father, but a president isn't.