peripheral venous catheter

I'd like to know what you call a peripheral venous catherer in everyday speech, is there any 'simpler ' word to describe it? Or is it better to cal it a IV cannula or a venflon?

Thank you for your help :)
Jun 24, 2020 9:42 AM
Comments · 2
I suppose this is popularly "a line", or an IV line?. If you need to express "peripheral" then add that. A cannula is a term made more accessible by its use in medical dramas on TV , where it often appears to be a coupler or connector for a line into an area on the back of the hand - but that's not what you asked, and it's still not really everyday usage I think.

June 24, 2020
Thank you Michael for your explanation! That's exactly what I needed. Thank you very much!
June 24, 2020
Language Skills
Czech, English, Italian, Polish, Spanish, Swedish
Learning Language
Spanish, Swedish