木叶丸
Asking for it. 自讨苦吃。

You asked for it, you know. How can expect to keep your job when you keep coming to work late?
你知道这是你自讨苦吃。上班经常迟到又如何能保住这份工作呢?

If you let him go with you, you will see that you’re asking for trouble.
如果你让他跟你一块儿去,你会看到你是在自讨苦吃。

No one is going to put up with behaviour of that kind; you are just ask for it.
没人会容忍那种行为,你是自讨苦吃。

The boss seems to be annoyed. To talk to him now is to ask for trouble.
老板似乎在生气。现在找他谈话是自讨苦吃。

If you do not take ownership of your actions, your actions will eventually own you.
如果你不为自己的行为负责,最终你会自讨苦吃。

He shows himself to be confident, addicted (almost compulsively) to hardship.
他显示他自己是个充满自信,不怕吃苦(几乎是自讨苦吃)的人。

Don't expect me to get you out of your scrapes.
你自讨苦吃可别指望我来帮你。

Don't complain about him, you asked for it !
不要埋怨他了,是你自讨苦吃!

Getting angry and using harsh language will only cause trouble to oneself in the long run.
生气并说刻薄话,最后只会自讨苦吃。

Jan 10, 2012 10:34 AM
木叶丸
Language Skills
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese
Learning Language
English, Japanese