1. Q: Why does a cat look first to one side and then to the other side when it enters a room?
A: Because it can't see both sides at once.
2. Q: Can you name the captital of every state in the U.S. in ten seconds?
3. Q: Which travels faster, heat or cold?
A: Heat, because we can catch cold, but can't catch heat!
4. Q: Two fathers and two sons went hunting. They shot three rabbits. Yet each took home one rabbit. how was that possible?
A: There were only three people hunting: a boy, his father, and his grandfather. The boy's father, of course, was the son of the grandfather.
5. Q: What fruit is never found singly?
A: A pear.
6. Q: Why is the bride unhappy on her wedding day?
A: Because she didn't marry the best man.
7. Q: What will you break once you say it?
break the silence打破沉默
8. Q: What kind of clothes lasts the longest?
A: Underwear, because it's never worn out.
9. Q: Why are farmers cruel?
A: They pull corns by the ears.
pull corns by the ears一穗一穗地掰玉米；揪着玉米耳朵掰玉米
10. Q: Why are babies like hinges?
A: Because they are things to adore.
things to a door门上的东西
11. Q: If a driver drives too fast he'll get a ticket. What will happen to a poet if he writes too fast?
A: His poetic licence will be taken away.
poetic licence 诗的破格（如不遵从语法规则等）
12. Q: Why is an empty purse always the same?
A: There is no change in it.
13. Q: Why do little birds in the nest agree with each other?
A: Because they would fall out if they didn't.
fall out 摔出去；争吵
14. Q: Why is an argument like a pen?
A: No good without a point.
15. Q: When will the wind improve its image?
A: When it turns over a new leaf.
turn over a new leaf的真正涵义是：改过自新