learn about the main mistakes in pronunciation which give away that you are not Russian. Pronounce the words correctly.
2) Weak position of vowels:
there are two types of weak position.
In Russian vowels are reduced according to its positions:
1) Strong position of vowels: when they render the usual sound.
is when the vowel is stressed
ex., масло - a is read as 'u' in 'plum'
2) weak position of consonants: when a voiced consonant is read as voiceless
1. placed in the end of the words: дуб is read as [дуп; dup]
2. placed infront of noisy(шумные) voiced and voicless consonants: [б], [г], [д], [ж], [з] etc. ex., низко - [ниско - nisko], здание - [сдание, sdanie]
1) Strong position: when the consonant renders its usual sound
It is when a consonant is:
1. placed before a vowel: ex., село - sjelo - village. с is [s], л is [l]
2. placed before consonants [р], [л], [м], [н], [j], [в]: ex., зимнии - zimnij - winter (adj.). м is [m]
There is an alliteration in Russian, which is necessary to learn in order to speak perfect Russian.
Let me remind you about the pairs of voiced and voisless consonants: [б] – [п], [в] – [ф], [г] – [к], [д] – [т], [ж] – [ш], [з] – [с], [б’] – [п’], [в’] – [ф’], [г'] – [к’], [д’] – [т’], [з’] – [с’]
The sound is alliterated of not depending on the position of the consonant in a word: