1. Cats do miaow though and won't stop until you give them what they want. In fact I'm pretty sure that our cat just miaows for attention. A well-trained dog should be quiet on command.
2. Actually, dogs are more likely to warn you when they are going to bite you than a cat is.
3. Yes, cats can climb - ours chooses to climb onto our kitchen cupboards, which a dog would not be able to do.
4. Cats don't eat more food than dogs - depends on the size of the cat vs the size of the dog.
5. Female dogs don't need to raise their leg either, and most males will only do it if they have seen other males doing it.
As others have said, there is no right or wrong answer, it depends on our own personal preference and need.
I do feel, however, that cats think themselves to be better than pretty much everyone and everything. Is it just a question of "I think, therefore I am"?
Cats are better because they can think for themselves.
Dogs can go either incredibly friendly or painfully violent depending on the owner. They can be really helpful but can be slaves too.
Dogs need purposes; cats don't because they have their own standards and no one can touch them.
(BTW, I love all animals.)
Casts are better than dog because:
1. Cats don't bark like dogs.
2. You do not need fear cats that they will suddenly bite you
3. Cats can climb walls, trees etc.
4. Cats don't eat more food than dogs.
5. Cats can piss without lifting their leg.
Any other idea?