definition of Islam ?
Islam: religion founded by Muhammad (early seventh century) which is both religion, fashion and system of government and rule of daily life. Its foundation is the Koran holy book and word of God revealed to Muhammad, and the Sunna, education and life of the Prophet, which contain elements of the Judeo-Christian tradition.
The five pillars of Islam are:
* The profession of faith: faith in Allah, single creator god and Muhammad, his prophet.
* The canonical prayer five times a day and hour fixed.
* Fasting 29 days to commemorate the month of Ramadan during which the Koran was revealed.
* The charity, became a "tithe" legal benefit of the poor.
* The pilgrimage to Mecca (hajj) at least once in their life.
The believer must refer to the Koran, sincerely adhere to Islam, have absolute trust in God, surrendering fully to him and tirelessly seek perfection of his behavior. The canon law of Islam is contained in the sharia.
Islam does not consider itself as a new religion. Indeed, it restores the revelation that God had once made to the prophets, including the return of Jesus (known as Prophet) at the end of time and its role as savior alongside Mohammed.
There are no priests, but Jurists clerics and imams who lead prayer.
Some of the principles on which the Islamic state must refer, are defined in the Koran and the Sunna (the jihad, "holy war" is part of it), but they require a special form of government.