Here are the 7 most common uses of capital letters with examples. Please ask questions and add your own examples in the comments below.
1. English sentences always begin with a capital letter:
a) The cat sat on the mat.
b) Once upon a time in a faraway land there lived a happy family.
c) How long does it take to travel from Manchester to Liverpool?
2. The personal pronoun "I" is always written with a capital letter, wherever in a sentence it comes:
a) I like going swimming.
b) Sarah and I are best friends.
c) Mark is arriving by car and I am getting there by train.
3. Names of people and places (planets and stars can be considered as places):
a) My name is Kirsty.
b) I come from Edinburgh.
c) Mercury is the closest planet to the Sun.
a) Mrs Baines met Mr Green yesterday.
b) Dr Bennett is a very good doctor.
c) The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of that company retired last year.
5. Days, months and public holidays:
a) Did you have a nice Easter?
b) I will see you on Thursday.
c) April was a fantastic month.
6. Nationalities and regions, languages, religions and ethnic groups:
a) I come from Scotland am Scottish.
b) Have you been to Asia or Australasia before?
c) I speak English fluently and also a little Mandarin Chinese.
7. Titles of brands, bands, books, magazines, films, songs, etc:
a) I don’t have an Apple computer.
b) Do you like the One Direction song, ‘What Makes You Beautiful’?
c) Have you read the Twilight books?
It's nice posting :)