As per the title, when you take sessions to learn French with a tutor, what is your objective?
Is it to?
1. Do exercises and get corrected so as to learn new vocabulary
2. Do exercises and get corrected so as to learn grammar
3. Do exercises and get corrected so as to increase comprehension
4. Practice conversation to put what you're learnt into practice
5. Practice conversation to gain fluency
Or a mix? Or other? I'm curious as to what are people's goals. Describe!
Merci et bonne journée!
So right now I'm looking for a French tutor because I want to learn French this summer and I want to start sometime this week. In this case, I would be looking for exercises/lessons that help me build basic vocabulary and expressions because I am in fact a beginner. When I do sessions for Italian or Portuguese, for example, I am mainly looking for conversational practice in order to practice what I have learned and most importantly, to gain fluency and maintain my level. So it depends on the student's level and learning needs. Some people don't like grammar and find that they can do that on their own and are looking for conversation only.
My primary goal is talking with native speakers so I can start to "hear" the language and the nuances in the sounds as well as have my pronunciation corrected.
Thank you Sandra,
Anyone else with want to say something else? :)