I have seen a lot of resumes and CVs in my nearly 40 years in business. Most of them have one or more of these flaws that keep the resume from even being read carefully.
1. Focused on you and what you want, not on the company and how you can help them.
2. Using passive phrases and vague verbs, not active verbs that feature what you do, what you have accomplished, and what you can do for the company.
3. Presenting your career as a series of unrelated experiences, not as a unified story.
4. Trying to include everything in your background, rather than just the important highlights.
5. Jamming too much on one page, with small fonts, narrow margins, little white space.
Make these mistakes and your chance of an interview goes down to nearly zero.
Are you guilty of any of these?
What other flaws have you noticed?