Charles
News media(it's a topic from IELTS test) News media is important in our society. Why is it so important? Do you think its influence is generally positive or negative? (12.03.17) These days, news media plays a crucial role in our society and our life will remain incomplete without it. We get information from varieties of media, such as newspaper, television, radio and the Internet. This essay aims to elaborate the significance and the influence of news media from my perspective. It is crystal-clear that news media is of great importance to society. As known to all, generally, news media concerns almost everything which intimately bounds up with common people, such as city news, international news, business, sports, medical care, education and so forth. It provides a good opportunity for people to keep pace with the world. Furthermore, mews media is a part of mass media. The development of news media drastically represents the power of information industry, which is a critical standard of accessing the economy strength and level of social development of a country. The specific influence of news media can be stated from both pros and cons. From the positive perspective, firstly, news media enables people to have access to latest happenings in all the fields around the world without the time and place limit. Especially, lots of state-of-the-art technologies have been introduced to carry the news, such as smart phone and Ipad, which make it more convenient for people to get news anytime and anywhere. What is more, news media covers all kinds of fields which can completely fulfill all men and women of various age-group and status. Secondly, usually, in democratic countries, news media conducts polls. Thus, common people have right to take part in social issues and give voice about their opinion in different political or social matters by blogging. Finally, by reading newspaper, children foster their reading habit, enhance their vocabulary. Additionally, by watching geographical channel, quiz programmes and speeches by famous personalities of different field, people learn lots of knowledge. From the negative perspective, news media also causes multiple drawbacks to society. To promote the circulation of newspaper, some sensational news tend to be exaggerated to a great extend, which misleads common people. Meanwhile, over exposure to news can trigger some mental problems of children, they may mimic the violent actions they learn from the news, which increases the crime rate. More importantly, adver
maybe just a little longer than necessary, I see 250+ words is expected - practise being a little more concise to give yourself more time ...
There are guidelines on how long the essay should be - I think this one is WAY too long for starters - 371 words.
英文真強0.0 好羨慕 :">
The essay is written by myself, could you tell me how much band could i get in ielts?