LX.under.T
Using Livemocha Beta on Linux "Linux Support Coming Soon..." Are you tired of waiting for that "soon" to come? :) I decided to write this little manual for those of you who use Linux OS and want to try that new website of Livemocha. The trick is that you have to change your browser's user-agent and make Livemocha think that you're using Windows or MacOS. Here's how I do that. The easiest way is to start Goоgle Chrome or Chromium Browser from command line with --user-agent switch: $ google-chrome --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.17 Safari/537.36" or $ chromium-browser --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 1083) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.71 Safari/537.36" There is a solution for Firefox but it's a little bit more complicated. I did the following: 1. Type about:config in the address bar and press Enter 2. Right click on the list and select New/String 3. Enter the preference name: general.useragent.override 4. Enter the parameter's value. You can enter any user-agent string you want, for example "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:23.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/23.0" Please notice that in case of Firefox browser changes are kind of permanent. If you want or need other websites to detect your OS correctly, you have to remove that "general.useragent.override" parameter. I hope it helps and you will see and understand why so many people can't stop complaining about the new website. P.S. All I mentioned in this note is just an advice. You take full responsibility for your actions. I'm saying this because one might think they lost their friends on Livemocha because they logged in using Linux. I registered on the new website using Windows and yet I lost some of my friends.
1

Corrections in red.  Stylistics in blue; however, your variants were correct.

There is a solution for Firefox, but it's a little bit more complicated.

Please note that in the case of Firefox, browser changes are kind of permanent. 

I hope this helps, and that you will see and understand why so many people can't stop complaining about the new website.

P.S. All I mentioned in this note is just my advice. You take full responsibility for your actions. I'm saying this because someone might think he lost his friends on Livemocha because he logged in using Linux. 

Your written English is stupendous.

Audio recording works fine, actually, but relies on the flash plugin.
Thank you
audio record doesnt work
Thank you very much!