Ellen
International news It is believed that secondary school children should study international news as one of their school subjects. Others think that this is a waste of valuable school time. Discuss both views and give your opinions. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- International news is a good way to know what happened or is happing in this world, which is a kind of eyes of people these days, because all most everyone and anywhere we can easy visit internet and communicate with others.But if educators or government make it become a subject, personally speaking, I don’t think it is a good idea. The first rough problem is what kind of news children should study or know? how we define it? If educational expert can’t give a good answer and do a good action, then kids might be go to imitate since they watched or read bad news which has negative perspective, such as violence, eroticism and some extreme behavior reports. on the other hand, international event has its own culture element, if people don’t know other country’s facts and their traditional culture then they can’t empathize with them, they might wouldn’t understand what happened, and what were influence brought by those events. for example, if we told children what happened in the school attract of Pakistan by Taliban terrorist, perhaps it will seed fear and hatred in student’s mind. People are using different action to face this situation, there are not absolutely correct or wrong, but not every pupil can make accurate judgment. From these point of view, I’m more inclined to don’t let it be a module of secondary school. I’m sure news are valuable but teacher should guide young generation to get their own mature world outlook and values instead of pushing someone’s worldview and values to them, if student have to study international news as a subject in rather than initiative to access news then it is kind of passive learning.
Dec 26, 2014 9:50 AM
1

International News

It is believed that secondary school children should study international news as one of their school subjects. Others think that this is a waste of valuable school time. Discuss both views and give your opinions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

International news is a good way to know what has happened or what is happening in the world, which is a kind of eyes of people these days, because we can access the internet anytime and anywhere go on the internet and communicate with others.But if educators or government make it become a subject, personally speaking, I don’t think it would be a good idea.

The first difficult issue is what kind of news children should study? how we should we define it? If an educational expert can’t even give a good answer and can't set a good example, then kids might imitate them since they watched or read bad news which has negative perspective, such as violence, eroticism and some reports of extreme behavior. On the other hand, international events have an element of their own culture, if people don’t know other country’s facts and their traditional culture then they can’t empathize with them, they might not understand what happened, and what were the effects of these events events. for example, if we tell children what happened in the school attract ? of Pakistan by Taliban terrorists, perhaps it will sow fear and hatred in students' minds. People are using different approaches to face this situation, there are not absolutely right or wrong, but not every pupil can make an accurate judgment.

From this point of view, I’m more inclined to say that it shouldn't be a secondary school subject. I’m sure  the news is valuable but teachers should guide the young generation towards forming their own mature outlook of the world and values instead of pushing someone elses worldview and values to them, if students have to study international news as a subject in rather than initiative to access news then it is kind of passive learning.

1

International news

It is believed that secondary school children should study international news as one of their school subjects; others think that this is a waste of valuable school time. Discuss both views and give your opinions.

International news is a good way to know what happened or is happening in the world, which is a type of ''eyes'' for people these days; because almost anyone from anywhere  can easily acess the internet and communicate with others. Therefore, if educators or the government should make it become a subject, personally speaking, I don’t think it is a good idea.

The first rough (trying using another word than *rough*) problem question is what kind of news children should study or know? how can / will we define it? If educational experts can’t give a good answer and do a good action(here is not clear), then kids may might be go to imitate what they have watched or read if since they had watched or read bad news which had negative perspectives such as violence and eroticism among other extreme behaviors. On the other hand, international events have their own cultural elements; if people don’t know about other country’s facts such as their traditional culture, then they can’t empathize with them, they perhaps wouldn’t understand what happened, and what influence brought about those events. For example, if we told children what happened in the school attack of Pakistan by Taliban terrorist, perhaps it would seed fear and hatred in students' minds. In fact, people are using different actions to face this situationthere is no absolute right or wrong, but not every pupil can make accurate judgments

From these point of view, I’m more inclined not to let it be a module of secondary school. I’m sure news are valuable but teachers should guide the young generation to get their own mature world outlook and values instead of pushing someone’s worldview and values on them. If students have to study international news as a subject, rather than an initiative to access news then it is kind of passive learning.

Not bad, but it would be better if we could discuss the errors.
Also, among the errors are some other fine tuning which needs to be made, so that your thought can be more solid and concrete!

(y) :D 

1

International news

International news is a good way to know what happened or is happing in the world, they are like eyes for people these days, because almost everyone and can easily connect to internet anywhere and communicate with others.But if educators or government make it a subject, personally speaking, I don’t think it is a good idea.

The first problem is what kind of news children should study or know? How we define it? If educational experts can’t give a good answer and take appropriate action, then kids might imitate bad things on the net, such as violence, eroticism and some extreme behavior reports. On the other hand, international event has its own cultural element, if people don’t know other country’s facts and their traditional culture then they can’t empathize with them, they might not understand what happened, and what influenced those events. For example, if we told children what happened in the attack on school in Pakistan by Taliban terrorists, perhaps it will seed fear and hatred in student’s mind. People are using different actions to make this situation, there are not absolutely correct or wrong, but not every pupil can make accurate judgment.

From these point of view, I am of the opinion that it should not be a secondary school subject. I’m sure news are valuable but teacher should guide young generation to get their own mature world outlook and values instead of pushing someone’s worldview and values to them, if students have to study international news as a subject rather than take the initiative to access news then it is kind of passive learning.

International news

Studying international news is a good way to know what happened or what is happing in the world, which is a type of "eyes" of people these days, because almost everyone from anywhere can easily access internet. People can also communicate and exchange their ideas and opinions online with others.But if educators or the government make it a subject in school, personally speaking, I don’t think it is a good idea.

The first main problem is that we can not control what kind of news children should study or know? There is no way to control the information online and we couldn't set a standards to define proper and improper news for children. If educational experts can’t set standerds to follow and if they don't  do any action regarding this issue, then kids might imitate everything they see or watch from international news. Since we all konw kids like sponge, we have to filter what they see, therefore we should provide them parental guidance or else they will follow the negative perspectives they see from media like violence, erotic scenes among other extreme behaviors.

On the other hand, international events have their own cultural elements, If people don’t know what is happening in other countries and if they are not aware of their traditional culture then they can’t empathize with them, they might wouldn’t understand why it happened, and what effects these events could bring about. For example, If we told the children about the shooting of school children in Pakistan by Taliban terrorist, perhaps it will create fear and hatred in student’s minds. People are using different actions to face this situation, no specific action is absolutely right or wrong, but not every pupil can make accurate judgment regarding this issue.

From these points of view, I’m more inclined not to let it be a module of secondary school. I’m sure news are valuable but teacher should guide our younger generation to develop their own mature world outlook and values instead of pushing someone’s worldview and values to them. If students have to study international news as a subject rather than studying it on their own initiative, then it is kind of passive learning.