1. I know that he got a new job, not because he was smart, but because he pulled a few strings.
2. He refused to go to the party, because he thought he had two left feet.
3. The seller didn't see the child had stolen some chocolate from the shop, he kept a straight face, so nobody noticed anything.
4. The powers that be are deciding what to do with schools during the coronavirus pandemic.
5. Nowadays people can't rely just on the education they recieved, they must also have the tools of their trade, in case if they stayed without the main profession.
6. When Julia decided to have a new job, her future employers hired her with pleasure because she had a clean slate.
7. If the crowd tries to persuade you to do something evil, you should firmly refuse and stick to your guts.
8. When I practice English
exercises, thinking about articles, I forget about the sense of texts. I don't see the wood for the trees.
9. Why does he go out so late? He is asking for trouble.
The family travelled to China, so that they could be off the beaten track.