Felix
What is the meaning of the following sentences ? It's better if you can translate that into chinese. Some of us get dipped in flat,some in satin,some in gloss.But every once in a while you find someone who's iridescent.And when you do nothing will ever compare.
Apr 27, 2011 2:00 AM
It means nothing. It is utter nonsense. You know, if you want us to help, it would be decent to punctuate you sentences properly.
April 27, 2011
没问题。Always glad to help:) I haven't seen that movie, was it any good?
April 28, 2011
Thank you ! I saw these sentences in a movie "Flipped".
April 27, 2011
Sorry I don't know how to translate to Chinese. Basically it is comparing people to different kinds of paint finishes. "Flat" is kind of boring, nothing special. "Satin" is a smooth finish, "gloss" is shiny. "Iridescent" sparkles. So, I guess the meaning is that most people are ordinary, but every now and then you come across a person who is really special. Hope you can understand my explanation. By the way, I am curious as to where you heard this phrase.
April 27, 2011
Felix