kristin
most of westen country's people are open mind, right?
May 6, 2011 9:14 AM
You need to accept that people are different and that you can't generalize.
No, they aren't. E.g. Western Australians are the most narrow-minded and backward people I have come across. In America you have the rednecks and the hicks, and all the religious people. All in all, it's a colorful world.
Not all of them. Australian teachers have to teach students how to analyze current issues in the media and write analytical essays about the type of language the media uses to persuade people. Students are taught to think independently and give reasons for their opinions in oral and written form. However we find that students are usually influenced by their parents. If parents are open minded, there's a good chance their children will be and vice versa.
I agree with kraut9. One thing I have noticed about my Chinese friends is if I tell them I do something or that one of my American friends does something, they ask if we ALL do that here. One of the things that I try to teach in my lessons is individuality. I am always asked how I teach students. I don't have a general rule for them, I just base off what they need. How I teach one student could be completely different from how I teach another. To vaguely answer your question, open-minded to what? Some are open to some ideas while others will fight you if you thin ka certain way. Just the other day, I had someone block me on facebook because I told her something about God that she claimed was against scripture (even though I was quoting the Bible...), so it really just depends on the individual, and not the entire Western population.
kristin
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Japanese
Arabic, English, German, Japanese