Isabella
can you choose one topic from the following chioces to have a speech? 1、If I had a time machine....(注意虚拟语气) 2、Hoe to balance study and part-time job? 3、Should college students be allowed to live off campus? 4、In life, it is attitude that matters most 5、My views on the expansion of college enrollment
May 21, 2011 2:43 AM
Here is a site with people discussing; If I had a time machine http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/if+i+had+a+time+machine
I will only do this once, so that you can see how to give a speech: Ladies and gentlemen! Today I will try to convince you that in life, attitude matters the most. Attitude really matters. Learned optimism can boost your physical well-being and natural healing. Multiple research studies link the psychological characteristics of optimism to health including: Fewer illness days and doctor visits Enhanced immune system (improved helper T-cell and suppressor T-cell ratio) Longer survival rate for women with breast cancer Longer survival rate after heart attack A learned optimism researcher, Christopher Peterson, PhD reports that optimism’s correlation to good health is about as much as can be expected given the numerous factors that affect health such as genetics, diet, exercise, income, social networks, and environmental hazards. Researchers measure optimism versus pessimism through determining explanatory style—how people explain the adverse (bad) events they experience. This includes where they lay the blame for them; whether they perceive them as permanent or short-lived; and how pervasive they think they are. As I'm giving this speech you may wonder: Can you learn to be more positive? Pessimists tend to blame themselves for their misfortunes, whereas optimists tend to believe that external factors like fate or chance caused the misfortune. Pessimists tend to see the misfortune as long-lasting whereas optimists assume it’s temporary. Last of all, pessimists tend to see their misfortunes as pervasive,whereas optimists see it as specific and not likely to affect other areas of their life. Who would you like to be? I hope I have convinced you that in life, attitude matters the most. Thanks for listening to my speech. Are there any questions?
The choice is yours. I would choose the following topic: "If I had a time machine,will my attitude matter in keeping the balance between my studies and my part-time job." or "Should college enrollment expand off campus and off college all together ?"
Your choice will depend on which topic you feel most comfortable with. Google each topic and do some research on it first. Then follow the tips for an oral presentation at this italki site: http://www.italki.com/knowledge/page/ENGLISH%20ORAL%20PRESENTATIONS1.htm
Isabella
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English, Japanese, Korean
English, Japanese, Korean