Helena
How do you call the @ character in your language? In Polish it's called 'małpa' (a monkey) and in Russian 'собака' (a dog). I believe that the name in your language is also funny :-)
Apr 13, 2008 8:23 PM
9
0
Wow, this is very insteresting question! ^_^ In Korean it is called golbaeng-i (골뱅이; bai top shells), a dialectal form of daseulgi (다슬기), a small freshwater snail with no tentacles. [ from wikipedia ] Because, we Korean think, '@' looks like it.
April 23, 2008
in japanese, "@" is called "アットマーク" (Pronunciation : atmark). Its same with English pronunciation.
April 14, 2008
Well, the official name is "Commercial at", but it's also called "at mark" or simply "at sign". I hope that helps, unfortunately we don't have any cooler names for it;)
April 13, 2008
in hebrew we call @ - strudel, you know, like the pastry ,because it resembles the wrapped up dough of the pastry... but if you want to speak proper hebrew, like a geek, without using foreign words, you'll say כרוכית , kruchit, which is the hebrew name for strudel. karuch-כרוך- means wrapped up. that's it... love those kind of questions! jonie.
April 24, 2008
suru on japanese my first lesson. i sometimes people on japan live on the planet of the apes.u can't understand them. it scares me.civilization says we belong to apes.inner universe.the variant of apes.huh?!feel funny on the lesson, tough.
April 24, 2008
Helena
English, Japanese, Polish, Russian
English, Japanese, Russian